We are thrilled to introduce world renowned Visconti Pens to the Long’s collection. Since 1988, the name Visconti has been a synonym for writing instruments of extraordinary beauty, historically and technologically studied. The fountain pens, rollers and ballpoint pens by Visconti make up a wide range of high quality instruments with a strong identification.
Every pen witnesses art, archaeology, philosophy, mathematics, literature, history or current events, and much more than that. Visconti regularly pays tribute to anything which has left a mark in civilization. Some of the inspiring themes include the Forbidden City, the ancient knights, the Alchemical Opus, and also Manhattan and Giacomo Casanova.
The use of celluloid, i.e. “gold for the pen specialists”, is a distinguishing feature of Visconti collections. Also, numerous systems for feeding and customizing pens were patented by Visconti. Every creation features sophisticated and attractive design, including a number of decorations and original details. The taste for beauty can find one of its highest expressions in these pens.
Some more fun facts about Visconti Pens:
• LAVA – The Visconti ‘Homo Sapiens’ is the only pen made from Volcanic Lava.
• HOOK SAFE LOCK – Revolutionary capping system so you can cap a pen without the cap then accidentally unscrewing in your pocket and leaking.
• DOUBLE RESERVOIR POWER FILLER – Patented in 1998, this special filling system holds up to 10 cartridges of ink and is the only filling system to prevent a fountain pen from leaking during air travel.
• 23Kt NIB – Visconti is the only pen company to make fountain pen nibs from 23kt Palladium, this advanced technology ensures smooth writing, with excellent flexibility and memory. Available in sizes XF, F, M, B, BB and 1.3 Stub.
• CLIP – The Visconti clip represents the historic ‘Pontevecchio Bridge’.
One of our favorite Visconti Pens in stock is the Vincent Van Gogh Starry Night pen (pictured). It is one of many finely detailed and designed pens from the Visconti Pen catalog. We encourage you to stop by our Boston location to see our full collection of Visconti Pens!