Since 1988, the name Visconti has been a synonym for writing instruments of extraordinary beauty, historically and technologically studied. Handmade in Florence, Italy, the fountain pens, rollers and ballpoint pens by Visconti make up a wide range of high quality instruments with a strong identification. Every pen witnesses art, archaeology, philosophy, mathematics, literature, history or current events, and much more than that. Visconti regularly pays tribute to anything which has left a mark in civilization. Some of the inspiring themes include the Forbidden City, the ancient knights, the Alchemical Opus, and also Manhattan and Giacomo Casanova. Every model is developed with the most advanced know-how, using the most precious materials available, traditional methods, and the most sophisticated and unprecedented techniques.
The use of celluloid, i.e. “gold for the pen specialists”, is a distinguishing feature of Visconti collections. Also, numerous systems for feeding and customizing pens were patented by Visconti. Every creation features sophisticated and attractive design, including a number of decorations and original details. The taste for beauty can find one of its highest expressions in these pens.Visconti is responsible for many other innovations in writing instruments, such as:
- LAVA – The Visconti ‘Homo Sapiens’ is the only pen made from Volcanic Lava.
- HOOK SAFE LOCK – Revolutionary capping system so you can cap a pen without the cap then accidentally unscrewing in your pocket and leaking.
- DOUBLE RESERVOIR POWER FILLER – Patented in 1998, this special filling system holds up to 10 cartridges of ink and is the only filling system to prevent a fountain pen from leaking during air travel.
- 23Kt NIB – Visconti is the only pen company to make fountain pen nibs from 23kt Palladium, this advanced technology ensures smooth writing, with excellent flexibility and memory. Available in sizes XF, F, M, B, BB and 1.3 Stub.
- CLIP – The Visconti clip represents the historic ‘Pontevecchio Bridge’.
If you live in Massachusetts or New Hampshire and have questions about Visconti Pens or are looking for something specific, please call one of our stores during retail hours, see a list of locations and hours here, or call our central office at 781.262.5841 during corporate business hours (M-F, 9 to 5). You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or make an appointment in one of our stores.